Do you dream of a career in Portfolio Management or Trading? A.P. Møller Holding offers an exciting and attractive student position in our Public Equities Team. We offer an international environment, continuous professional and personal development and a unique opportunity to combine your studies with hands on experience in the Holding Company behind some of Denmark’s largest enterprises.
A.P. Møller Holding is a privately held investment company based in Denmark with approximately USD 30 billion under management. The purpose of A.P. Møller Holding is to exercise the A.P. Møller Foundation’s role as an engaged owner in Group including A.P. Møller – Maersk, Danske Bank, Unilabs, Faerch Group, KK Wind Solutions and several others, and to ensure that the Foundation can continue to contribute to society, in the form of donations, for generations to come.
You will be joining the Public Equities Team as a part-time analyst at our Head Office in Copenhagen, where we have a lean and flat structure characterized by trust and empowerment. You will be exposed to all aspects of financial investments. You will work with a small experienced team of portfolio managers. Our objective is to prepare you for a post-graduation job in the capital markets.
It is important to us that you do not only excel at work, but also in your academic studies and hence work hours are flexible. We expect you to work 20 hours per week.
As a part-time analyst in A.P. Møller Holding you will apply the knowledge and skills from your academic background, while you develop and learn from your experienced colleagues. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in making investment cases: analysis of key drivers
- Working on a risk management model: single stock risk contribution model
- Assisting in improving our monitoring tools
- Searching for new portfolio candidates in line with our investment philosophy
- Assisting in looking for alternative idea generators including the use of AI
- Determine asset allocation for the foundations before we trade (when they have in/ outflow)
- Make summary of the performance of the underlying funds of the foundation portfolios. And look for better alternatives
Who we are looking for
A.P. Møller Holding is a small, highly energized organization. We work hard and we have fun doing it. As a team we see our different backgrounds and experiences as a genuine source of strength and we respect each other’s work-life choices.
This position is likely to suit somebody who:
- has just started their Master of Science (MSc) in business economics, e.g. Cand. Merc. FIR, FSM, FIN, MAT, AEF or Cand. Polit. Alternatively, you are on the final year of your bachelor education with a similar concentration
- has a keen interest in global capital markets
- works systematically with a high attention to details and integrity
- displays a professional and dynamic mindset with good team mentality
- has excellent analytical and communication skills and is very comfortable working in advanced excel and powerpoint
- has a level of business acumen
- approaches tasks with a high level of energy and is open to challenges
- thrives in a busy work environment and enjoys taking ownership and responsibility
If you have prior work experience as a part time Analyst from Corporate Finance, Banking or Consulting, it is considered a benefit.
Our working language is English, and you must be fluent verbally as well as written. While speaking Danish is not a requirement, a student work permit is required, if you are not an EU citizen.
Deadline for applications is 21 September 2023.
For more information, please contact Jan Keuppens, Head of Public Equities at firstname.lastname@example.org