We recognize talent comes from a wealth of experience and ideas beyond just the technical specifications of a role. If you feel like you can make a meaningful impact even if you don’t necessarily check all the listed requirements, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills supplemented with drive are cornerstones to innovation and excellence and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations during the interview process and review Accessibility at Citi.
Who We Are
CCB Nordics is a fast growth business with vision to significantly scale up over the next five years and beyond. Coverage of companies in the Digital, Industrial, Healthcare / Life Sciences and other industries are a core part of this strategy, and will be a major revenue contributor to the cluster’s expansion. The business is expected to serve predominantly the mid-sized corporate segment focused on a variety of growth industries with international banking needs. The job involves day-to-day co-operation with Citi colleagues in various countries, including relationship, product and implementation teams.
Key Outline of the Role
This is a 6-month internship with the potential to become a permanent position. Based in Stockholm, the Relationship Management Associate will support the acquisition and management of relationships for the Commercial Bank in the Nordics with the objective of revenue growth and good credit quality in line with the strategy of Citi Commercial Bank. A key element of this position is to work in close partnership with bankers, products, operations and risk management at all levels to support the growth of the CCB business in Nordics. The CCB team compliments Citi’s existing Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory business that has operated in the Nordics since the 1970s.
Relationship Manager (RM) Support and KYC
- Support RMs and other team members within the coverage team when needed by the business;
- In some cases own a portfolio and manage directly some credit customers;
- Primary point of contact with customer for all support and documentation related escalations;
- Work on customer due diligence (eCADD)/ KYC for new to bank clients as well as existing client base;
- Working with Onboarding Case Managers (OBCMs) to handle documentation related to clients on-boarding with the Commercial Bank and keep the client/RM abreast of the status;
- Provide active feedback on emerging product needs of customers, competitive practices, and ideas on process / product improvement;
- Work with the OBCM team to Initiate CRM workflow for account opening and other Treasury and Trade products for assigned customers;
- Manage account opening deferral, Credit documentation deferrals – for Business and support RFI (request for information) resolution;
- Support account closing process – liaise with internal department and obtain necessary approvals, send notification to customer, etc.
- Manage existing base of key client relationships for transaction level support for a pool of Relationship Managers;
- Handle communication and follow-ups with all departments (Risk, Ops, Commercial Lending Management (CLM), etc.) to solve client instructions / deficiencies, and conduct CitiDirect / FX Pulse trainings etc.
- Offer support in credit approvals (new and credit extensions), working with CCB CLM
Reporting and Administrative
- Act as back up for Relationship Management Associate (RMA) colleagues;
- Support RMs with ad-hoc inquiries and other reports;
- Internal documentation handling (scan, transmission of documents, etc.)
- Graduate in Business / Commerce or Banking Diploma;
- Commercial / Corporate banking experience preferred;
- Experience in a client servicing role;
- Relationship skills and ability to maintain an effective network across the organization;
- Organizational skills are a must;
- Ability to multi-task and priorities;
- Building Relationships;
- Controls & compliance;
- Integrity & professionalism;
- Team leadership / people management;
- MS-office skills: Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Basic knowledge of trade, lending, FX and other cash products;
- English – Fluent;
- Nordic Languages – Advantageous.
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking to build a career in Commercial Banking by enhancing skills in Trade, Lending, FX, and Cash Management products;
- Exposure to all areas of the bank across sales (including management of clients with more complex requirements), operations, risk and controls;
- This is an ideal developmental opportunity to move onto a relationship management role;
- We foster a culture of meritocracy and diversity, we value and demand respect for others and opportunities to develop are widely available to all;
- Knowledge expansion and Coaching / Mentoring with Seniors;
- We ensure regularity of 1:1 dialogue to monitor and support both management of the client portfolio and to identify personal and professional growth opportunities via an Individual Development Plan;
- 51% of our employees are women, 24% of our Director’s and Managing Directors are women;
- In the Nordic Region around 46% of our employees are women and our workforce consist of over 20 different nationalities;
- 2020 Awards from Global Trade Review Leaders in Trade, Treasury Today Adam Smith Awards, Monarch Innovation Awards, Euromoney Trade Finance Survey, Global Finance Awards.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting