Are you curious about energy markets and the integration of renewable energy in the future power grid? Are you mathematically well-grounded? And would you like to kickstart your career in an ever-changing industry? If yes, you’re in the right place!
Here’s what the job entails
In the role, your primary function will be to support our portfolio managers with various analyses and data tasks. Concretely, your areas of responsibility will include the following:
- assist portfolio managers in pricing processes, e.g. data cleaning and cost analysis or pricing strategy
- support in maintaining and developing tools used in forecasting and pricing
- follow up on analysis/forecast performance and take ownership of improvements
- participate in and contribute proactively to the general business development in the team
Meet the team
As our new junior portfolio analyst, you will join the Renewables Physical Asset Management team in which we handle all aspects of our renewables asset portfolio across Europe. Our key tasks include pricing, forecasting and day-ahead trading of renewables assets. Each portfolio manager is an expert within one or several markets, and as a team we cover the entire European power market, working closely together with traders and originators to enhance the performance of each portfolio as well as setting the strategic direction going forward. Together with our parent company, Equinor, we want to encourage the energy transition and impact the world towards a sustainable energy future.
We are a young and motivated team consisting of six committed portfolio managers, always seeking to develop and learn new things together.
But enough about us… over to you!
As you will handle a lot of data that require great attention to detail, we imagine that you are detail-oriented, precise and take a structured approach to your tasks. Also, we are looking for someone who will thrive on having deadlines for daily tasks.
Furthermore, we expect that you:
- are enrolled in a relevant education within Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- have solid experience working in Excel
- have an interest in learning (or have experience with) programming languages such as SQL, VBA or Python
- are proficient in and English – both written and verbal
Please note that it is not a requirement to have prior knowledge of the energy industry to enter this role.
We’ll take good care of you
At Danske Commodities, we take great care of our people. Joining us means you’ll get a lot of great perks – including social events, cultural experiences, tasty food and benefits to better your health, your life and your future.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working hoursto fit with your studies
- Vast development opportunitieswith the help of your own individual development plan, access to our DC University with 50+ courses as well as remote courses through Harvard Learning
- Global career prospectsas part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- Beneficial health care and insurance package
- Great parental leave conditionsincluding 26 weeks of paid maternity leave and 16 weeks of paid paternity leave as well as the opportunity to join the network Inspired Beyond Babies
- Paid children’s sick days10 annual paid absence days in relation to child sickness, to be used whenever needed
- Compensation for working night and weekend shifts
- Bonus scheme
- 100+ yearly social and professional eventsincluding DC Sports and DC Talks events, gatherings in our book club, bicycle club, student network, wine club, CS:GO team and more
- Free Spotify Premium subscription
- Various free ticketsto family-friendly and cultural attractions
- Discountsat hotels, restaurants, sports clubs and more
- Organic foodincluding a light breakfast, lunch buffet and snacks throughout the day
- An office in the heart of Aarhusright next to the central train station
Recruitment process and relocation
You can read more about our recruitment process here. Please note that if you are an international candidate, we will reimburse travel expenses in connection with potential interviews and support you with the relocation process.
Read more about the position and apply here