Junior analyst at DC
Are you detail-oriented and thrive on carrying out thorough analyses? Are you curious about the energy industry and the financial markets? And would you like to use your academic toolbox in a global energy trading company, where your work will have an impact on the decision-making of our traders and portfolio managers? If yes, you’re in the right place!
Here’s what the job entails
In the role, your primary areas of responsibilities will be to investigate opportunities for optimisation as well continuously making sure our models are streamlined. Further, your areas of responsibility will include the following:
- assist traders with finding data and extracting the relevant information
- build tools for data visualisation
- conduct deep dives into market behaviours to aid traders in their decision processes
- maintain and optimise our current data and visualisation applications
Meet the team
As our new student employee, you will join our Power Markets Analysis team in which we provide quantitative modelling and data to traders and portfolio managers. And this essential information is what paves the way for data-driven decision-making in the dynamic world of energy trading. In our daily work, we act as the interlink between data sources and traders as well as portfolio managers.
We are a team of quantitative profiles who all seek to bridge the gap between trading, quantitative modelling and data. And we are always developing our skills to keep our models and methods one step ahead. In the team, we all have a natural interest in understanding the physicality of energy as a commodity, but also how it is priced and traded in the markets. We are collaborative by nature, and we enjoy sharing technical experience with each other to ensure a continuous learning curve
But enough about us… over to you!
As you will be working with data used for decision-making, we imagine that you are detail-oriented and take pride in the ensuring reliable data and analysis. Also, as you will be working together with various internal stakeholders, we are looking for someone who is collaborative and takes a positive view.
Furthermore, we expect that you:
- are enrolled in a relevant degree such as Economics, Physics, Engineering or similar
- have programming and database skills, e.g. within Python/SQL
- are curious in the energy industry as well as the financial markets
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
Please note that it is not a requirement to have prior knowledge of the energy industry to enter this role.
We’ll take good care of you
At Danske Commodities, we take great care of our people. Joining us means you’ll get a lot of great perks – including social events, cultural experiences, tasty food and benefits to better your health, your life and your future.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working hoursto fit with your studies
- Vast development opportunitieswith the help of your own individual development plan, access to our DC University with 50+ courses as well as remote courses through Harvard Learning
- Global career prospectsas part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- Great parental leave conditionsincluding 26 weeks of paid maternity leave and 16 weeks of paid paternity leave as well as the opportunity to join the network Inspired Beyond Babies
- Paid children’s sick days10 annual paid absence days in relation to child sickness, to be used whenever needed
- Beneficial health care and insurance package
- Bonus scheme
- 100+ yearly social and professional eventsincluding DC Sports and DC Talks events, gatherings in our book club, bicycle club, student network, wine club, CS:GO team and more
- Free Spotify Premium subscription
- Various free ticketsto family-friendly and cultural attractions
- Discountsat hotels, restaurants, sports clubs and more
- Organic foodincluding a light breakfast, lunch buffet and snacks throughout the day
- An office in the heart of Aarhus right next to the central train station