Are you interested in trading and the energy markets? Are you mathematically well-grounded? And do you thrive in a dynamic working environment? If so, grab this opportunity to become our new market risk analyst in Market Risk Management!
Here’s what the job entails
In the role, your primary function will be to build a thorough understanding of market risk exposures in Danske Commodities (DC) as well as actively steering risk decisions in your designated areas. Concretely, your areas of responsibility will include the following:
- build a deep understanding of the trading business and the different individual and cumulative market risk factors
- obtain a holistic overview of total level market risk exposures
- in time, become the expert in your assigned market risk areas
- actively contribute to various development tasks in the team
- prepare market risk reports and risk assessments (both quantitative and qualitative)
Meet the team
As our new risk analyst, you will join our Market Risk Management team in which our primary responsibility is to provide a holistic risk picture to our trading teams and actively steer decisions on risk basis. As such, we act as partners to the business by supporting our trading teams to reach their strategic goals. Further, we provide pivotal risk assessments to DC’s development projects.
We are a team of specialists within the Market Risk Management field who always seek to come up with the most efficient solution. You will join a diverse team with various backgrounds and nationalities. We are characterised by our close collaboration and curious interest in the world of trading.
But enough about us… over to you!
As you will be conducting analyses in which you need to consider various elements besides the market risk, we are looking for someone who takes a holistic approach to their analyses. Also, we imagine that you are a solution-oriented professional who always aims at finding the best solution to the problem at hand.
Furthermore, we expect that you:
- have a relevant educational background, e.g. within Finance, Economics, Math, Physics or another quantitative field
- are interested in the energy industry and market risk management – perhaps you also have some experience within the field
- employ a structured approach to problem solving
- have experience with programming, e.g. in Python
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
We’ll take good care of you
At Danske Commodities, we take great care of our people. Joining us means you’ll get a lot of great perks – including social events, cultural experiences, tasty food and benefits to better your health, your life and your future.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working hoursincluding the option to work from home up to two days per week
- Vast development opportunitieswith the help of your own individual development plan, access to our DC University with 50+ courses as well as remote courses through Harvard Learning
- Global career prospectsas part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- 10% paid pensionas well as a beneficial health care and insurance package
- Great parental leave conditionsincluding 26 weeks of paid maternity leave and 16 weeks of paid paternity leave as well as the opportunity to join the network Inspired Beyond Babies
- Paid children’s sick days10 annual paid absence days in relation to child sickness, to be used whenever needed
- Extra days offfive, to be exact, as well as a Yay Day (an additional day off dedicated to ‘me time’) every year – adding to the standard five weeks off each year
- Senior daysif you’re over 55 years old
- Bonus scheme
- Share savingsmeaning you have the opportunity to participate in our parent company Equinor’s attractive share savings programme
- Paid at home internet and equipmentincluding a mobile phone with paid subscription and IT equipment for when working from home
- 100+ yearly social and professional eventsincluding DC Sports and DC Talks events, gatherings in our book club, bicycle club, student network, wine club, CS:GO team and more
- Free Spotify Premium subscription
- Various free ticketsto family-friendly and cultural attractions
- Discountsat hotels, restaurants, sports clubs and more
- Organic foodincluding a light breakfast, lunch buffet and snacks throughout the day
- An office in the heart of Aarhusright next to the central train station
Recruitment process and relocation
You can read more about our recruitment process here. Please note that if you are an international candidate, we will reimburse travel expenses in connection with potential interviews and support you with the relocation process.
What we’re about
We’re a tech-driven energy trading company present in 40 markets across five continents. Our +450 people are driven by a need to constantly better things. If you are too, we could very well be the right place for you. You’ll join a collective of thinkers and doers. Aspiring chefs, runners, parents, beekeepers, gamers – the list goes on. We’re highly specialised experts within our fields. But it’s actually our diversity of ideas we’re most proud of, which is why we continuously work on strengthening an inclusive culture where diverse teams thrive.
Read more about the position and apply here