In the role, you will act as a strategic and tactical sparring partner for the VP, Head of European Gas Trading and the leadership team. As such, you will gain valuable experience with setting the strategic direction in the dynamic world of European energy trading, as well as with stakeholder and project management. More concretely, your areas of responsibility will include the following:
- contribute to strategy development and execution, including facilitation of strategy processes
- manage projects within European Gas Trading as well as across the organisation
- provide and gather information to develop presentations for a wide group of stakeholders
- take responsibility for various reporting tasks
Meet the team
As our new executive assistant, you will join the European Gas Trading business unit which is responsible for Danske Commodities’ trading activities in European gas markets. This includes managing a substantial asset portfolio of gas storages, trading around them and short-term optimising them based on a data-driven market view.
The unit is divided into two overall teams; Gas Trading & Optimisation, a commercial trading team, and Gas Digitalisation, a team focusing on the digitalisation of our business activities. The two teams are very integrated, and although we have different responsibilities, we all push toward common goals across the overall European Gas Trading unit. And as a team, we work closely together and always seek to share learnings and experiences with each other to ensure that we continuously grow, both as individuals and as a team.
But enough about us… over to you!
As you will be driving strategic processes forward, we are looking for someone who is motivated and not afraid to take responsibility. Also, the ideal candidate is able to be part of a team while at the same time acting as a trusted advisor to leadership.
Furthermore, we expect that you:
- have a relevant educational background within e.g. Strategy, Business Administration, Management and/or have relevant work experience
- have great communication, stakeholder and project management skills
- are an experienced user of all Microsoft Office tools
- are proficient in English – both written and verbal
Please note that it is not a requirement to have prior knowledge of the energy industry to enter this role.
We’ll take good care of you
At Danske Commodities, we take great care of our people. Joining us means you’ll get a lot of great perks – including social events, cultural experiences, tasty food and benefits to better your health, your life and your future.
Here are some of the benefits we offer our employees:
- Flexible working hoursincluding the option to work from home up to two days per week
- Vast development opportunitieswith the help of your own individual development plan, access to our DC University with 50+ courses as well as remote courses through Harvard Learning
- Global career prospectsas part of the Equinor group with +20,000 colleagues across the world
- 10% paid pensionas well as a beneficial health care and insurance package
- Great parental leave conditionsincluding 26 weeks of paid maternity leave and 16 weeks of paid paternity leave as well as the opportunity to join the network Inspired Beyond Babies
- Paid children’s sick days10 annual paid absence days in relation to child sickness, to be used whenever needed
- Extra days offfive, to be exact, as well as a Yay Day (an additional day off dedicated to ‘me time’) every year – adding to the standard five weeks off each year
- Senior daysif you’re over 55 years old
- Bonus scheme
- Share savingsmeaning you have the opportunity to participate in our parent company Equinor’s attractive share savings programme
- Paid at home internet and equipmentincluding a mobile phone with paid subscription and IT equipment for when working from home
- 100+ yearly social and professional eventsincluding DC Sports and DC Talks events, gatherings in our book club, bicycle club, student network, wine club, CS:GO team and more
- Free Spotify Premium subscription
- Various free ticketsto family-friendly and cultural attractions
- Discountsat hotels, restaurants, sports clubs and more
- Organic foodincluding a light breakfast, lunch buffet and snacks throughout the day
- An office in the heart of Aarhusright next to the central train station
Recruitment process and relocation
You can read more about our recruitment process here. Please note that if you are an international candidate, we will reimburse travel expenses in connection with potential interviews and support you with the relocation process.
What we’re about
We’re a tech-driven energy trading company present in 40 markets across five continents. Our +450 people are driven by a need to constantly better things. If you are too, we could very well be the right place for you. You’ll join a collective of thinkers and doers. Aspiring chefs, runners, parents, beekeepers, gamers – the list goes on. We’re highly specialised experts within our fields. But it’s actually our diversity of ideas we’re most proud of, which is why we continuously work on strengthening an inclusive culture where diverse teams thrive.
Our organisation is flat with an open-door policy. We expect you to care. About your work. About your own and your colleagues’ collective successes. And about the difference we make at Danske Commodities. Together with our parent company Equinor, we have the vision and strength to accelerate the energy transition and make an impact. Like no other.
Read more about the position and apply here